SDUSD trustees Barrera and Evans have added a last-minute resolution to the Board Agenda for Tuesday, May 28. The item is currently on the consent calendar. The resolution makes a number of inaccurate statements and calls for the support for AB 1505, AB 1506, AB 1507 and SB 756. It also implies that charter schools in San Diego Unified are not in compliance with SB 126. Here’s the link: http://go.boarddocs.com/ca/sandi/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=BCEVQA7A5900
CCSA has been working this weekend to raise awareness with charter community and the community as a whole to push back on this resolution and SDUSD. We need charter school participation from EVERY charter in order to gain traction against this moratorium. We are asking for the following:
- Every charter to be represented at the SDUSD board meeting (5 pm May 28th at 4100 Normal St.):
- One charter leader (or representative from school leadership)
- PLUS at least 10 school community members (teachers/staff, parents students)
- Alert your personal community about this meeting via social media. Go to the FB post on: https://www.facebook.com/mlnwanderson and SHARE.
- Call the board (619) 725-5550 or e-mail email@example.com to voice your opposition to this moratorium.
Thank you for your support of our school and all charters in our community.