What is available?
The Learning Choice Academy participates in the National School lunch program by offering nutritious meals every school day. Meals are available at our Chula Vista, La Mesa, and Scripps Ranch locations. Students may buy lunch for $3.50 and eligible students may receive meals free of charge (see F&R lunch application/criteria). Meals, food, and beverages sold or served at school meet state and federal requirements based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines.
TLC has partnered with My MealTime, a fast, secure online service for making credit or debit card deposits and monitoring your student’s lunch account. You can visit the website or download the app to get started. Cash or check payments will be accepted by the Office Manager at your school site.
3 easy steps to get started:
- Register. Click or tap the register button and follow the onscreen prompts to create your My MealTime account.
- Link Your Student. Click or tap the “Add Student” button, then find your student’s school. Link them to your profile by their District Student ID number that was provided by your student’s school.
- Make a Deposit. You may choose to store your credit/debit card for quick and easy repeat use.
With My MealTime you can:
- Stay informed. Monitor your student’s lunch account activity.
- Be Notified. Email reminders tell you when your student’s account is low.
- Schedule deposits. Weekly, monthly or in any frequency you choose.
- Make secure payments. Using your credit or debit card.
Need help with My MealTime?
Email your questions to the Support Team at: email@example.com
Lunch Service During COVID:
The Learning Choice Academy has been approved for the Seamless Summer Option (SSO). This means that TLC will be providing free lunches to all TLC students regardless of whether their lunch designation is free, reduced, or paid on scheduled days. TLC has been approved until Friday, December 18, 2020, or until the expiration of the federally declared public health emergency, whichever is earlier.
Lunch service is provided at all three TLC school sites and available through drive-through pick-up from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays (revised 8/31). Please follow the directional signs posted or route, bring a student ID (if available), wear a mask, and stay in your car for pick-up.
- Monthly Menu –
- Parent Flyer
- Meal Policy
- Free & Reduced Lunch Online Application -Please apply online for Free & Reduced meals or you may obtain a paper app from your Resource Center office.
- Application Criteria/Instructions
- School Wellness Policy
All stakeholders are able to participate in the development, review, update, and implementation of the Local School Wellness Policy. Please contact Jeff Fechner (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.