San Diego Model Railroad Museum – Live Virtual Workshop for grades TK-2nd – Monday, November 16
Communities Then & Now: Making a 3D Model
How are we alike and/or different from people who lived in the past? This program features the SDMRM’s unique collection of historic California model railroads to engage students in an exploration of the past, and an understanding of how some things change while others stay the same. Students identify community elements on model railroad layouts and compare and contrast them to their contemporary equivalents. Finally, students build a 3D model of their community.
TLC students in grades TK-2nd can participate in this Live Virtual field trip/workshop presented by an educator from the San Diego Model Railroad Museum (SDMRM). The SDMRM will supply program material packets, and the parents of registered student participants will need to arrange to pick up their materials packet from TLC prior to the workshop. A link will be shared with registered students to join from their computers.
- Please RSVP for your student only and add their name and grade.
- This workshop is being offered free of charge to our TLC students, but each student must be registered to participate and receive a material packet.
- Students must be in grades TK-2nd.
- The maximum participation is 30 students. First-come, first-served.
- Please do not add adults to the RSVP.
Date: Monday, November 16, 2020
Time: 10:00 am – 11:00 am
RSVP by: November 1, 2020