Hybrid & Homeschool Programs
Choose the Program that best meets your family's needs
The Hybrid Program
The Hybrid Program blends the flexibility of homeschooling with the support and community of a school. As part of this program students receive more in-person instruction and collaboration time with other students.
The Hybrid Program is available for grades K-12.
- Students attend on-site classes 3 days a week and parents homeschool 2 days a week.
- Credentialed teachers instruct in core subjects during on-site class days.
- Classes feature collaboration and project-based learning.
- Enrichment electives are embedded into classes, including art, music, and STEM.
- Students use a specified curriculum to work together during the semester.
- High school students can take tuition-free community college classes for credit.
- The credentialed classroom teacher, also called an Educational Partner, supports the students and parents with homeschooling even when they are not on-site.
- Parents, students, and Educational Partners meet in-person every six weeks (learning period), although most families have much more frequent contact with their Educational Partner.
- Homeschool days give families extra time to connect, provide the flexibility to personalize learning even more, and ensure parents are actively involved in their student's education.
The Homeschool Program
The Homeschool Program offers families maximum flexibility, with the option to customize curriculum and use extended units for additional enrichment classes.
The Homeschool Program is available for grades TK-12.
- Students homeschool 5 days a week.
- Parents are their student's primary teacher as they teach all subjects and complete the grading.
- Students are expected to complete 5 to 6 hours of work each day.
- Families meet with a TLC credentialed teacher, also called an Educational Partner (EP), every six weeks (learning period).
- The Educational Partner provides support for all your educational needs and is an excellent resource for your family.
- Homeschool Program families are invited to attend all TLC field trips and special events, providing additional socialization opportunities and connection to other Homeschool families.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK):
- For the 2023-24 school year, students are eligible for TK if they turn 5 between September 2, 2023 - April 2, 2024
- TK is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program that uses a modified kindergarten curriculum that is age and developmentally appropriate. TK students must still complete a full year of Kindergarten.