Teen Club Field Trip
STEM concepts related to the wind tunnel, including:
- What is Engineering? How did engineers work together to create this technology?
- What are the differences between solids and fluids?
- What forces are at work on objects in the wind tunnel?
- Students observe a ball demonstration, observing the differences between the balls and how this affects their flight in the wind tunnel
- Students plan and carry out an investigation about parachutes
- Students identify one parachute variable to experiment with
- They use stopwatches, measuring tapes, and a scale to measure their parachutes
- Students record their data and share conclusions with the class
Training & Safety
- Each student will be trained by flight instructors who are certified to IBA flight standards
- Students will learn the correct body position, hand signals and safety rules
- Students will be outfitted in flight suits, safety goggles, ear plugs and helmets
- Each person will fly one-on-one with an instructor at all times
- iFLY has flown over 6 million people worldwide, from ages 3 to 103 & we have a 100% commitment to safety
- Each student will fly for 1 minute in the tunnel–the equivalent of 1 1/2 skydives, twice.