The Learning Choice Academy continues to be WASC accredited. In May of 2013, The Learning Choice Academy was granted another six year accreditation with a midterm review.
The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) is one of six regional accrediting associations in the United States. What does it mean to be accredited by WASC? The following in an excerpt from acswasc.org
- Certification to the public that the school is a trustworthy institution of learning
- Validates the integrity of a school’s program and student transcripts
- Fosters improvement of the school’s programs and operations to support student learning
- Assures a school community that the school’s purposes are appropriate and being accomplished through a viable educational program
- A way to manage change through regular assessment, planning, implementing, monitoring and reassessment
- Assists a school/district in establishing its priority areas for improvement as a result of the perpetual accreditation cycle that includes:School self-assessment of the current educational program for students
- Insight and perspective from the visiting committee
- Regular school staff assessment of progress through the intervening years between full self-studies.